Sunday, February 14, 2010

Test Week Over and No No China

My head feels like it was going to split right in half.  I can't believe how this week went.
  • Monday: Marine Bio test and study for Philosophy
  • Tuesday: Find and turn in research paper topics and study for Philosophy
  • Wednesday: Chinese Lesson 4 test and study for Philosophy
  • Thursday: Marine Bio Lab Midterm and Philosophy chapter 4 and 5 homework (a total of 120 questions)
  • Friday: Philosophy First Exam
I was so lucky that my English class was cancelled on Thursday.  It gave me a chance to study my butt off for that Midterm and Philosophy exam.

Oh, and I can't go to China.....Yea.


Yea, i'm not going for a couple of reasons:

1) I just moved to Miami and spent all my financial aid money paying rent, getting books for classes, and a car. 
2) Since I moved back from CA, i've noticed that the requirements are different from my last community college. So now, i'm behind in 5 classes and I want to finish these during the summer. I can't do that if I go to China.  I'd use all my financial aid money for that trip.
3) Within the time they told us about the trip and the application deadline, they wanted $675 and then in 2 months $1650....not gonna happen.  That doesn't even cover plane costs which is another $1000

So, my summer is going to be in Miami, going to classes, finishing my requirements. I got knocked down back to Sophmore level and need to get kicked up to Senior status by next Spring.  Then next summer, maybe i'll go to Taiwan!

A moment of silence to appreciate the hotness of Joe Cheng:

No comments:

Post a Comment