Friday, January 29, 2010

Me? Going to China? CHINA!!!!!


Oooohhhh Yeeeaaaahhh!
FIU is offering a study abroad trip to Hangzhou, China at Zhejiang University for the summer from May 9th to June 5th. When it came to visiting countries, this was always my list:
1) Seoul, Korea
2) Tokyo, Japan
3) Taipei, Taiwan
4) Singapore city, Singapore
5) Shanghai, China

Even though China is on my top 5 list of place I MUST visit before I turn 30, China has always been the last on my list. Not that i have anything against China lol.

But now, China is so close that I'm actually able to go for the summer! I'm hoping my Financial aid and scholarships will cover it lol. I'm so excited about this, i'm just thinking of the possibilities. Beautiful scenery, culture, traditions, soup dumplings, chinese men lol (i hope to find a man that looks like Joe Cheng lol). Ooo, i'm getting goosebumps.
Moment of Silence to appreciate the sexiness of Joe Cheng:


Amen...

The only thing i'm worried about is the classes on my SASS report. At FIU, we have SASS reports, which are degree audits. Because I went to school in L.A. (actually Glendale), California has a totally different set of rules when it comes to required classes. When I transferred to FIU, only 52 of my 64 credits transfered, and now I'm 4 classes behind. So when I went to orientation, I automatically wanted to finish those required classes before I started my upper division classes. But now, with the opportunity for China, I don't know whether I should finish the required classes (which technically doesn't have be done at this moment) or take this study abroad which will look AWESOME on my resume.

Plus, if i'm able with some friends from class, i'll probably stay for a week more or so to visit Shanghai and Beijing.  I really want to check out Taiwan.

*Gasp* Backpacking across Asia for the summer! Oh snap!
SEMESTER
Summer A 2010
DATES
May 9– June 5, 2010

COURSES
6 credits
CHI 3440 Business Chinese (3 credits)
CHT 3502 Chinese Language and Culture (3 credits)

COST
The estimated cost for this program is $2150 per person and includes daily classes with ZU professors, accom-modations, meals, ground transportation, guided visits, tickets to attractions and shows. Program fees do not cover the $175 study-abroad non-refundable fee, FIU instructional fee (6 credits), airfare and personal expenses.

No comments:

Post a Comment