Saturday, March 13, 2010

We're Dead Longer Than We Are Alive...How Are We Going To Leave Our Mark?

I'm turning 22 in 2 months, getting my BA next year, and want to start a whole new life at 23 years old. I come from a military family that was used to moving every 2-3 years. Now I feel like every place I live has an expiration date.

One of my favorite books is about a woman who gets in her car and drives until she ends up in a little seafront island of the coast of Mass. I want that. That's my dream, to get in a car and drive until my heart says to stop. Then live in a litte 2 bedroom cottage with a garden, my cat Ha Neul, and a golden retriever (cliche I know). Then I want to open a bookstore/bistro. Find a nice man to marry, give him 3 children, and live my life happily. What a dream lol.


We'll see, but I feel like i'm meant to go up north. Rhode Island, New York, Mass, New Hampshire. A place that has snow during the winter, flowers during the spring, beaches for the summer, and orange/red/brown leaves falling during the fall.

*Sigh* Yea, I want that...

After I get my bachelor's, i'm thinking of applying to Columbia University, New York University, UCLA, or UCSB for my Master's and Ph.D. I want to be in a city that actually HAS an Asian population, unlike Miami. I'm going to work really hard GPA wise to try and get a full ride and internship. If not, i'll be here in Miami for another 2-3 years. FIU does have a good program after you get your BA in Asian Studies. They have a program where I can get my MA in Asian Studies and a Ph.D in International Relations simultaneously. I could study abroad in Beijing, Tokyo, Shanghai. Can't get any better than that! Well, you can in New York or California. But we'll see...

Korean was my first love and I hate knowing that in FL, I can't learn it unless I teach myself. 어떻게요?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment