Friday, March 12, 2010

When I Cook, I Even Shock Myself Sometimes

The one other thing that I love almost as much as Asian Studies is cooking. I LOVE to cook.  The cutting, the dicing, the boiling, the marinading, it's all so much fun to me.  Earlier this week, I finally found some gochujang here in Miami and bought many other items like dduk, a chili garlic sauce, pancit noodle, and other things like these really addicting coconut milk rice crackers that I think I ate to fast (it's almost gone!)

So today, with some of the ingrediants I bought, I decided to make Singapore Hainanese Chicken or as Anthony Bourdain called it Singapore Chicken and Rice.  I wanted to try out my cooking skills again since I haven't cooked a GOOD meal since moving to Miami, and also, I'm in love with Anthony Bourdain.  I might as well learn how to cook one of his favorite dishes just in case he asks me to marry him (lol j/k).

I found the recipe on SteamyKitchen.com and I was glad it had pictures, because I would have kind of been screwed (even though it's super easy to make, I like reassurance).  I'm not a big fan of ginger, but I decided to try this dish anyway.  Instead of a whole chicken I used chicken leg and back (which was AWESOME).

Final Result:
Shocked the Heezy out of me.  It was SOOOOO good!  I felt like a master chef lol hahaha. I seasoned the chicken and broth jjjuuuusssstttt right, and the rice...omg. The rice was so flavorful, almost better than my mom's.  I was proud of myself (as you can see) and I can't wait to make it for my family and friends.  maybe i'll make some to take to the Southern Japan Seminar tomorrow. Oooooooo....

For all who want to make this yumyum of a dish, follow this link: http://steamykitchen.com/5068-hainanese-chicken-rice.html

No comments:

Post a Comment